Getting Started with KSUmail
For your convenience and to serve your preferences, there are multiple methods of accessing your KSUmail account. These include:
- Outlook Desktop Client for PC and Mac – The Office of the CIO recommend method for faculty and staff accessing KSUmail from a non-shared office computer.
- Outlook Web Access at ksumail.kennesaw.edu – The Office of the CIO recommended access method for students and shared campus computers.
- Mail Client for Mac – Apple’s built-in MacOS mail client
- Default iOS and Android Mail Applications – The Office of the CIO recommended methods for accessing KSUmail on your mobile devices
- Outlook App for iOS and Android – Microsoft’s dedicated Outlook application for mobile devices, available from your mobile device’s app store.
UITS can assist you with setting-up your KSUmail account through any of these access methods. For assistance, please contact the KSU Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 470-578-6999. Step-by-step documentation is also available here.
Outlook Web Access
The following guides provide a checklist to assist you with your first time using KSUmail with Outlook on the Web.
Settings and Preferences
Composing and Sending Email - Download
Adding Email Attachments - Download
Embed an Image in an Email - Download
Replying to Emails - Download
Deleting Emails - Download
Printing a Document from Outlook on the Web to KSU Print - Download
Using the Calendar - Download
Creating a Calendar Appointment - Download
Sharing your calendar with others* - Download
*Note: When granting permissions for others to access your calendar, the View options or Can Edit access are recommended. The Delegate option redirects all of your meeting invites and responses to the recipient of the shared inbox.
Creating a Contact and a Contact List - Download
If you are the Owner
You can retrieve your resource account(s) within your own KSUmail account from Outlook on the Web: Resource Account Access in Outlook Web. Note: Follow the Add Folder Shares instructions to make the resource account inbox appear permanently within your account.
If others need access to the resource account(s), you can grant them access: sharing folders (Outlook on the Web) and sharing calendars (Outlook on the Web).
If you are the Share Recipient
- Shared Folders: No share acceptance email is generated. You need to manually add folder shares to your KSUmail account. (Outlook on the Web)
- Shared Calendars: Share acceptance email is generated. You will accept the share within the email.
KSUmail on mobile devices
It is advised that the device be updated to the latest OS and the data backed up to the cloud before configuring KSUmail.
Apple iOS (iPhone & iPad)
Setting up KSUmail on iOS - Download
Android OS (Phone & Tablet)
Setting up KSUmail on Android OS - Download
Outlook Client for the PC
The following guides provide a checklist to assist you with your first time using KSUmail with the Outlook Client for the PC.
Note: You must log in at ksumail.kennesaw.edu and do the time zone setup first before launching the Outlook Client for the PC.
Opening Microsoft Outlook for the PC
Creating a Signature in Microsoft Outlook for the PC - Download
Settings and Preferences