Financial Fraud Alert
Colleagues, please be aware of an emerging financial threat targeting university employees. Malicious individuals are targeting employee email accounts which, after successful compromise, are used to send illegitimate communications and attempt financial system access.
What to look for:
- Unexpected DUO prompts
- Faux job offers that require payment upfront
- Unusual activity on your OneUSG and/or email accounts.
How to protect yourself:
- Use caution when replying to emails with an EXTERNAL tag
- Never accept unexpected DUO requests and, if you receive an unexpected DUO request, immediately change your NetID password and notify the ServiceDesk
- Report any suspicious activity to the UITS ServiceDesk