How to Avoid the Bait
To avoid compromising your KSU NetID credential, the following tips will help you identify phishing emails:
- Exercise a healthy skepticism before trusting the contents of an email.
- Check the full email address of the sender to see if it’s from a trusted source.
- Avoid downloading files from oddly worded emails and unknown sources.
- Hover over the link to see if the URL is from a legitimate website.
- Ensure legitimate websites have valid SSL certificate. The URL will start with ‘https:’ and have a lock icon. Many popular web browsers will show ‘https:’ in green.