D2L Brightspace Updates
Coming in January 2019
• Following a maintenance period between Dec. 27 and Dec. 28, 2018, KSU D2L Brightspace
will transition to a fully cloud-hosted solution, allowing for increased stability,
streamlined updates, and better service reliability
• Small interface improvements for instructors and students
• The return of the “Continuous Delivery” model for D2L, with regular, incremental improvements throughout the year
May 2018 – D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience
KSU D2L Brightspace received a significant visual and interface update on Friday, May 11, 2018 prior to the start of the May semester: D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience. Daylight features the same functionality, sign-in process, and course content available in the classic version of D2L Brightspace.
New features in the Daylight update include:
- Responsive interface with improved compatibility for mobile devices.
- Streamlined navigation
- Tile based course layouts
- Visual and interface updates to the Quizzes tool
Please note that some of your customized course content may display differently as a result of this interface update. We encourage you to evaluate the look of your active course content in D2L.
Preview the New Update
As a preview of the updated service, we have created a new guide and instructional videos for using Daylight, including: