D2L Brightspace Updates
New in Summer 2018 – D2L Brightspace Daylight
Prior the start of the Summer 2018 semester, D2L will receive a significant visual and interface update: D2L Brightspace Daylight.
New features in the Daylight update include:
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Streamlined navigation
- Tile based layout for courses
Daylight features the same functionality, sign-in process, and course content available in the classic version of D2L. We will have much more to share prior to the release of this update in May 2018.
New in June 2017
- Assignment: When creating or editing an assignment folder, instructors can now fill in a notification email in the Properties tab.
- Announcement: Instructors can link directly to individual announcements by using the Insert Quicklink button from the HTML editor.
- Discussions: When viewing discussion topic, the properties are now listed together, directly below
the topic's name.
- Filtering Options: Filtering options are now displayed in a Filter by drop-down list above individual posts to allow sorting by unread, flagged and unapproved posts.
- HTML: Faculty and staff can paste content from MS Word or an HTML site and have the look and feel of the source document.
- Intelligent Agents: Brightspace introduces new features and functionality for Intelligent Agents. For details, click here.
- Language Management: User Progress tool has been renamed the Class Progress tool.