D2L Brightspace Updates
New in May 2018 – D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience
KSU D2L Brightspace will receive a significant visual and interface update on Friday, May 11, 2018 prior to the start of the May semester: D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience. Daylight features the same functionality, sign-in process, and course content available in the classic version of D2L Brightspace.
New features in the Daylight update include:
- Responsive interface with improved compatibility for mobile devices.
- Streamlined navigation
- Tile based course layouts
- Visual and interface updates to the Quizzes tool
Please note that some of your customized course content may display differently as a result of this interface update. We encourage you to evaluate the look of your active course content in D2L after the update goes live.
Preview the New Update
As a preview of the updated service, we have created a new guide and instructional videos for using Daylight, including:
New in December 2017
• Simultaneous Discussion Posts – Instructors can now post the same message to all discussion groups within a course
at once, eliminating the need to post the message multiple times.
• Integration with MediaSpace – An updated integration with MediaSpace replaces the “My Media” tool when using the “Insert Stuff function” in the content creation toolbar when posting to discussions, creating written responses and announcements, using create a file, and adding descriptions.
The updated integration is called “Add Media” under the Insert Stuff function. The
integration features a more modern interface with a design in line with the standalone
MediaSpace web application, including improved features for recording.
• Quiz Shuffling – Instructors have the option to shuffle the order questions display to students within a quiz.
• Accessibility Checker – Instructors can use a new, built-in accessibility checker tool to review course content for potential accessibility issues. These include missing descriptive text for images, color contrast, accessible table formatting, and more.
• Find additional information here.
New in June 2017
- Assignment: When creating or editing an assignment folder, instructors can now fill in a notification email in the Properties tab.
- Announcement: Instructors can link directly to individual announcements by using the Insert Quicklink button from the HTML editor.
- Discussions: When viewing discussion topic, the properties are now listed together, directly below
the topic's name.
- Filtering Options: Filtering options are now displayed in a Filter by drop-down list above individual posts to allow sorting by unread, flagged and unapproved posts.
- HTML: Faculty and staff can paste content from MS Word or an HTML site and have the look and feel of the source document.
- Intelligent Agents: Brightspace introduces new features and functionality for Intelligent Agents. For details, click here.
- Language Management: User Progress tool has been renamed the Class Progress tool.