Students, faculty, and staff have access to a brand new email service. Outlook (powered by Exchange) has replaced Gmail for students and Zimbra for faculty and staff on Friday, August 4, 2017. We have named this new email service KSUmail.
KSUmail Web Access: ksumail.kennesaw.edu
Exciting New Features
- Increased inbox size: Faculty and Staff using KSUmail have a 50GB inbox size compared to Zimbra's 3GB default inbox
- Office 365: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft’s suite of online enabled productivity applications, launched to campus alongside the new email service. KSUmail features helpful integrations with Office products (for example, sending an attachment directly from the application).
- OneDrive: Office 365 includes access to OneDrive cloud storage and file sharing. You are able to store and easily share files related to your activities at KSU.
- Calendar: KSUmail includes a built-in calendar feature for students, faculty, and staff that can be easily customized and shared with other KSUmail users.
- Collaborate: Students, faculty, and staff are able to easily share calendars, appointments, and
folders through KSUmail’s unified address book.
Faculty and Staff
How to login: You will use your @kennesaw.edu and NetID password to log-in to your KSUmail account at ksumail.kennesaw.edu.
Set-up by appointment: Beginning on launch day, UITS will conduct a university wide training campaign, which will include in office set-up and help by appointment for faculty and staff. Set-up appointment request emails were sent from the KSU Service Desk on July 14; please respond at your earliest convenience to schedule or decline your appointment. You must make an appointment if you are an existing Outlook user with Zimbra, have a resource account, or use archived mail. The appointments will also give UITS an opportunity to address any questions you may have recreate settings that did not migrate from Zimbra; such as filters, calendar shares, folder shares, and signatures.
Access KSUmail via the web: Prior to your appointment, you will be able to access the web version of KSUmail at ksumail.kennesaw.edu.
Duplication from Zimbra: We have duplicated and imported Zimbra mail. This process was necessary to migrate the university’s approximately 80 million emails (9TB of data) for the August deployment with minimal downtime.
How to login: You will use your @students.kennesaw.edu and NetID password to log-in to your KSUmail account at ksumail.kennesaw.edu. All emails sent to your email address after August 4, 2017 are routed to your new KSUmail account.
Read-only Gmail: When KSUmail becomes available on Friday, August 4, your existing Gmail account entered a “read-only” state, and you are no longer able to send or receive messages. However, you continue to be able to login to your legacy account to view your old messages.
Migrating your old Messages: If you would like to migrate your Gmail messages to KSUmail, you will be able to do so manually using instructions provided by UITS. The KSU Student Help Desk will also be able to assist you with this process. Your old emails are not automatically moved to KSUmail.
For questions or assistance, please contact the KSU Student Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 470-578-3555.