D2L Brightspace Updates
• KSU D2L Brightspace is now a fully cloud-hosted solution, allowing for increased
stability, streamlined updates, and better service reliability.
• Small interface improvements for instructors and students.
• The return of the “Continuous Delivery” model for D2L, with regular, incremental improvements throughout the year.
May 2018 – D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience
KSU D2L Brightspace received a significant visual and interface update prior to the start of the 2018 May semester: D2L Brightspace Daylight Experience. Daylight features the same functionality, sign-in process, and course content available in the classic version of D2L Brightspace.
New features in the Daylight update include:
- Responsive interface with improved compatibility for mobile devices.
- Streamlined navigation
- Tile based course layouts
- Visual and interface updates to the Quizzes tool
Please note that some of your customized course content may display differently as a result of this interface update. We encourage you to evaluate the look of your active course content in D2L.
Preview the New Update
As a preview of the updated service, we have created a new guide and instructional videos for using Daylight, including: