Status Page FAQs
How does this page improve how the campus is notified during service interruptions?
While the fundamental role of the USG Services Status Page has not changed, the new StatusPage.io platform has several key advantages over our old system:
- It is cloud-based, so it stays up, even when we’re down.
- It lets us respond to incidents faster.
- The new, clean design makes information easier to find.
- It has integrated email and SMS notifications.
- Customers can self-subscribe to receive email and SMS alerts.
How do email notifications work?
You can subscribe to receive automatic e-mail notifications specifically for systems and services you care about by clicking on the “Subscribe to Updates” link on the top of the Status Page. You will be notified when an incident (or maintenance) is created, updated or resolved for that system.
Can I receive SMS notifications?
Yes. These work much the same way as email notifications. You can subscribe to them via the “Subscribe to Updates” link on the top of the Status Page.
How do I modify my email notification preferences?
You can change your change your preferences at any time by clicking on the “Subscribe to Updates” link at the top of the Status Page or by clicking the “manage your subscriptions” link at the bottom of any Status Page email notification you’ve received. You can also use this method to unsubscribe from notifications completely.
How do I change my SMS notification preferences?
You can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the “Subscribe to Updates” link at the top of the Status Page. You can use this method to unsubscribe from notifications completely.
What do these different statuses mean?
- Operational: This system is fully operational and not experiencing any performance or availability issues.
- Degraded Performance: This system is functional, but experiencing some performance issues.
- Minor Outage: This system is partially down, intermittently down, or is experiencing availability disruptions affecting a small percentage of customers.”
- Major Outage: This system is completely down or is experiencing major availability disruptions.
What if I notice incorrect or incomplete information on the KSU Status Page?
Let us know! Contact the KSU Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-6999.
What are the expectations for system uptime?The uptime target is 98% for all critical data systems and dependent systems, allowing for regular patching and maintenance. All planned and unplanned downtime will be communicated on the KSU Status Page.